Saturday, November 8, 2008

Phrases to Forget

When it comes to writing a blog, paying close attention to whether or not your words resonate with your audience is key. It's not rocket science, after all, and even though some people may think it's a nightmare, you don't need to devote 24/7 of your life to it. What you do need is to always try to come up with something that is fairly unique so at the end of the day your reader can walk away feeling like they either learned something or enjoyed themselves.

I personally try to write about things that strike me as interesting on the theory that others who enjoy my writing will find it interesting as well. Occasionally, I will get an email from someone who suggests I shouldn't of said this thing or that thing, but with all due respect, it's just a blog. Get over it. Irregardless of whether you could care less or not, it ends up being just six of one and a half dozen of another. Some people will get it, and some people won't; some will be offended while others will laugh.

For instance, at this moment in time I am writing because of an article I just read listing the top 10 most annoying phrases. OMG, did I just use all of them in only three paragraphs? Absoloutely. I sure did - and a few others to boot.

And that's the name of that tune.
blog comments powered by Disqus